The Faith and Spirituality Forum is a joint QMUL and QMSU forum that brings together those responsible for providing faith-related services (including the operation of prayer spaces and other faith-related facilities) to the staff and students of both organisations.
- To provide a discussion forum for key issues relating to the use of faith services and facilities.
- To coordinate the provision of services and facilities that support the faith requirements and spiritual wellbeing staff and students.
- To ensure that appropriate policies of use are in place encompassing both non-secular and secular use of the facilities.
- To make recommendations for the improvement of services and facilities.
- To advise on the development of policy.
- To advise on the suitability of resources and facilities available to meet the needs of staff and students.
Director of Student and Academic Services [Chair]
Student Wellbeing Partnerships Coordinator (Music, Faith) [Secretary}
Vice-Principal (Student Experience, Teaching & Learning) representative
QMSU VP Education
QMSU VP Welfare
Diversity Team representative
Student Life representative
Faith Advisors (as appointed)
Communicating and Reporting
The outcome of each meeting of the Group shall report:
- The forum formally reports to Equality and Diversity Steering Group.
- To communicate discussions to staff and student networks and via the Faith website.
- Share information with the Vice-Principal (Student Experience, Teaching & Learning).
- Where appropriate, to share information with QMSU Executive, COO and Professional Services Leadership Team.
- Notes and outcomes of the group meeting to be disseminated across the institution as appropriate.
- QMSU Faith User Group reports to the Faith and Spirituality Forum
The Faith Forum will meet regularly, normally at least 4 times a year, and may meet more frequently at the discretion of the Chairperson.
If there is something that you would like the Faith and Spirituality Forum to discuss please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.